Project controls advanced course
(2 days – 14 hours)
Advanced project controls through earned value management
The course allows to get a full undestanding of earned value management EVM) methodology in order and to implement an integrated and advanced project controls system.
EVM is the most effective methodology to support project controls and to implement an integrated project controls system. In real application, especially on large size projects, it is necessary that a preliminary study of the project and its context be understood.
The course offers an advanced training on earned value management (EVM) methodology to implement an integrated and advanced project controls system, in order to plan, monitor and control time, costs and performance.
The course describes:
- The process to build the performance measurement baseline through the implementation of artculated controls structures (WBS/CBS/OBS and Control Account).
- The EVM metrics (BC, PV, AC, CV, SV, SPI and CPI) and the different algorithms for progress measurements.
- The typical progress reports used for project control.
- The interface between project cost control and cost accounting.
- How working with critical path and EV metrics.
- Finally, a practical case is presented through a specific software package.